War Memorial, Georgetown, Halton Hills
The original memorial was erected in 1920, in memory of the local men who died in the Great War. It was later updated to include plaques dedicated to those lost in the Second World War and Korea. In 1960, the memorial was moved to its current location, and in 2000, received a major restoration and beautification program.
Location: Georgewtown, On the corner of James Street and Charles Street.
The three-sided cenotaph. Glen Williams
Built in 1971 by Gerlad Inglis. The cross, which weighs around 200 lbs., was handcut by the pair from freestone at the Inglis farm on 10th Line. It has served as the gathering place for Remembrance Day services for locals ever since.
War memorial located at Confederation and Main Streets in Glen Williams.
Photography Mik Herman for GeorgetownOn