A 10 year old boy waited outside the locked doors of a school breakfast program. The program was to start at 8:15 and the child stood outside at 7:15 in the dark, in the cold and alone. He explained he had not had any food on the weekend and was hungry. Could he please have some food? This child inspired the launch of the Food4Kids program.
- Food4Kids provides packages of healthy food for children aged 4-14 years with limited or no access to food each weekend.
- Currently over 90 children receiving food packages in Halton Hills. Over 500 children in Halton.
- Volunteers shop, pack and deliver food packages to schools every Friday
- Summer program offers weekly food deliveries directly to the families homes
- Funded through community grants, individual & corporate donations and fundraising initiatives.
- To feed a child: $10 per week or $400 for an entire school year
Many children have hard-working parents doing their best to provide for their kids, but even with a full-time job, they struggle to feed their families. Hunger is a real problem in our community. I believe Food4Kids is a program that addresses poverty at its very core ~Teacher
I contribute a lot of his success to this fine program, for helping this child to excel. His grades have improved, his behavior is better and appears so much happier. Thank you for your support in helping this child and his family ~School Principal
I would like to thank you for the food packages that you have given my children over the last few months while their father was sick and unable to work. It made a difference ~ Parent